Data Processor and Website Owner
Zaakira Moola (t/a Shop Princess of Jozi)
Corner Buller and Harrismith Road
Owner contact email: email@example.com
- “Personal Information”, and “process/processing” bear the same meanings as set out in POPI.
- “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Shop Princess of Jozi.
- “you” and “your” refers to every person that accesses or uses our Platforms also referred to as a user.
Users of this this Website who are below the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or legal guardian(s) before continuing to use our Website and for you to provide us with your personal information.
Among the types of information that this Website collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage Data, first name, last name and email address.
- make our Website more user friendly.
- personalise your interactions with our Website, tailor our services and Website to your interests and needs, and ensure they work on your device.
- provide advertising that is relevant to you, limit the number of times you see the same advertisement and measure the effectiveness of the advertisements on our Website and other websites, based on your online activities such as the websites and apps you use or content you view, and information we have about you.
- send Opt-In marketing communication
We will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose without your permission.
Types of Personal Information collected
We process Personal Information in a manner that is reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose specific. In order for users to access and use our Website we collect and process some Personal Information. When you become a registered user, we have to collect and process your Personal Information to facilitate purchase of our products and delivery.
When you register to use our Website and/or purchase a product, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- name and surname.
- email address.
- physical address.
- mobile phone number.
- online identifiers.
Should your Personal Information change or you wish to amend and/or correct this Personal Information, please contact us on the email address provided above.
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything
Mode and place of processing the Personal Information
Methods of processing
We process the Personal Information of users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Personal Information.
The Personal Information processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Shop Princess of Jozi, in some cases, your personal information may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the us at any time.
Your Personal Information is processed at our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact the us.
We keep your Personal Information for as long as:
- we need it to provide our products to you.
- it is required or allowed by law.
- it is necessary to uphold the contract between you and us.
- you have agreed to us keeping your Personal Information subject to your request for us to stop processing your Personal Information.
The use of the collected Personal Information
We process the Personal Information we collect and receive to:
- identify you;
- verify your identity;
- create a user account for you;
- contact you; and/or
- enter into a contract with you.
Your Personal Information is collected to allow the us to make provision for you to view and purchase our products.
As a user, we also process your Personal Information in order to:
- fulfil our contractual obligations to you when you have ordered goods in order for us to deliver those goods and process returns.
- provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- communicate with you regarding our Websites and provide you with information, products or services, including billing, customer support, resolving complaints and quality control.
- send you information about promotions and/or products that may interest you (unless you have opted out of receiving such information).
- get feedback from you which we need to develop our products and services and grow our business.
- comply with any legal or regulatory obligations such as tax or financial laws.
Additional information about Personal Information collection and processing
OPT OUT FROM DIRECT MARKETING
You have the right to request us not to contact you for purposes of direct marketing by any form of electronic communication such as email and/or SMS notifications by “opting-out” of any direct marketing communications we may send to you.
WHO ELSE GETS TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing or any other purposes.
We may provide or make your Personal Information available to:
- our employees, and/or third party service providers in order to enable them to assist us to interact with you via our Website for the ordering of products or when delivering products to you.
- law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity.
- third parties (such as a potential purchaser and its professional advisors) in the event of any reorganisation, merger, consolation, sale, joint venture, or other disposition of any or all of our assets.
- our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, public relations, technology services etc).
- our suppliers or sellers in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any goods you have purchased, for them to comply with their regulatory obligations, or for any other purpose which may require their involvement.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Information may be requested from the us at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
The rights of Users
Having provided adequate proof of your identity, you have the right to:
- view, correct and/or amend your Personal Information we process.
- request a record or description of your Personal Information. We may charge a fee in order to provide you with this record of your Personal Information. Where requests to access and amend your Personal Information are manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive, we may charge an additional administrative fee or refuse the request (which refusal shall not be unreasonable).
- request to have your Personal Information corrected, destroyed or deleted. Please note that you can stop being a registered user by cancelling your account. In this instance we will only retain your Personal Information subject to any legislative requirement and/or our internal retention policy.
- submit a complaint to the Information Regulator.
Having been provided adequate proof of your identity, we have the responsibility to:
- comply with your requests upon receipt unless we have credible reason why we cannot comply.
- indicate where, if we cannot agree whether to correct or delete your Personal Information as requested, that a correction or deletion was requested but was not made.
- inform you if reasonably practicable, should we change your Personal Information and this has an impact on decisions about you.
- notify you of the action taken by us because of your request.
- notify you of unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
The contact details of the Information Regulator are available on its website at: https://justice.gov.za/inforeg/